Writing Portfolio

Information Supplied By:

Terra's writing portfolio can be seen at http://terralanders.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 10, 2011

CDC's 2011 Vaccination Schedule for Youth




I realize that vaccines for children are a controversial topic for many parents, pediatricians and researchers. I happen to believe in them, and I hope that the mom whose child is sitting next to my granddaughter in Kindergarten believes in them, too!  Having personally seen first hand the devastating effects of what TB and Hepatitis can do to a young child deprived of the vaccine; I take my place on one side on the topic.  Others don’t agree with me, and that’s cool.


Whatever you believe  - the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices has just come out with their 2011 recommended immunization schedule for children from birth to 18 years of age.  I thought those of you out there that do vaccinate your kids would be interested in this information.

Remember that you have the choice (and the responsibility) to make an informed decision for your child. The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act requires that parents or patients be given copies of Vaccine Information Statements before administering any vaccine listed in the schedules.

You can find  additional information from the Department of Health & Human Services  and from the CDC right here.

No comments: