Writing Portfolio

Information Supplied By:

Terra's writing portfolio can be seen at http://terralanders.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back Home Again

I have been out of the country for a few weeks, and now back home to find a lot happening on the children’s product safety front. I’ll be playing catch up on my blogspot for a while, so please bear with me and check back often in the next 5 days for updates. There is news on drawstrings in children’s clothing, lower lead limits in toys and children’s products, ASTM Toys Safety Regulation revisions, the new EU safety directive became effective, and, of course, some recall news you’ll want to know about.

I will provide a summary of our amazing time in South Africa as soon as I can get my notes and photos organized. We are seeing really extraordinary growth in our Threads Africa projects and our time in-country with the Kayamandi community was heartwarming and motivational.

Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I look forward to hearing more about Africa!

Also, if you have news on the crib front, I'd love to know what's going on there. Ikea's pulled all of theirs off the shelves for some sort of quality check.

TylerT553 said...

Thanks, Heidi. I have not heard of a specific recall for Ikea cribs since their February recall on their Sniglar cribs. (http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11135.html). However, on June 28th, the new mandatory safety standards for infant cribs took effect. The new standards released by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) require manufacturers and retailers to meet new safer crib standards, which include stopping the manufacture and sale of dangerous, traditional, drop side cribs. It could be that they were pulling everything to be sure they were in full compliance before they offered their inventory for sale. If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.